Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Random Thought of the Day

I almost had an awesome reason for the OY in Joy. In Portugal they say Oi (with some little flick of an accent marker on the i) for hello and I love you. As in Oi you sexy mama (and I'm not talking about me...but if you want to, okay). Unfortunately, Oi is not spelled Oy, which throws off my whole chi and makes my aura turn black...so, I still have not found a diffinitive answer for why there is an Oy in Joy...but I am getting closer.

Lessons Learned
1. I am a very lucky girl to have friends that help me laugh and keep my perspective.
2. Maybe I am simply on a linguistics quest to discover all of the different spellings, accent marks, and meaning of the word pronounced Oy.
3. I think I hit the swedish fish a little too hard tonight...I can feel a sugar hangover coming on.
4. Regardless of how big or how small a trial is, the blessings are always bigger.
5. I'm runnin' with my Oy...I think I'll make a shirt.

1 comment:

Lore said...

What a fun night! I have lots of Oy too! Oh- and let's not forget that when we are sad we can all go to our Joy Hole (AKA Happy Place).