Pages

Friday, January 30, 2009

Cry and The World Cries With You

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5459925

Thank you so very much to Karen Decker for finding this article so that I can appropriately mourn.

Dear John,

As I reflect upon your life, I am filled with sorrow. No, I never did know you personally, but as an individual who was extremely close to a cousin of yours, I feel it necessary to pay my respects to you, and all who knew you and yours.

You never complained, not once. People could dump on you, again and again, and yet you did your job, with honor and efficiency. At times, you felt choked by the air around you. Still, you stayed silent while matches were lit in effigy of those who were silent, but deadly.

So often people came to you flushing their lives away. You didn't try to stop them, instead you sat silent, gleaming and strong. You never flooded them with the errors of their ways, instead you showed them that true happiness lies not in letting the crap hit the fan, but in letting the crap roll downhill. You were on the top of the hill, John. Thank you for letting it roll.

Thank you for unconditionally accepting what others left behind. You never minded the underappreciation that came with the responsibility and work of keeping it clean. You were able to wisely use your time and pair with others when needed. I know that Kaboom, CLR and Lysol, as well as many others are in mourning over the shot heard round the bowl. No one feels their pain more keenly than TP.

John, its' time to say goodbye. I will never forget the ends that you accepted while people explored the means. You have earned your just rewards. I can say farewell knowing that Clorox toilet tabs await you and that you will once again be restored to your gleaming, porcelain self.

Again, John, while I will miss you, it won't be nearly as much as the boys.

Lessons Learned
1. It's soooooooooooooo sad.
2. There really are no words...images, yes, words no.
3. I will no longer take the limited time I have with my own, for granted.
4. You never know what might be left behind.
5. Cry and the world cries with you. Laugh and burn a few calories.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I don't even want to know where she found this! I can't help but have a new respect for my toilet. I will never look at it the same again. LOL

Megan said...

And the winner is....YOU! Go to my blog to see what the crap I'm talking about. LOL