She was so excited...she wanted to leave at 9:30, even though her baptism wasn't until 11. We had to fight with Caleb all morning because he didn't understand why he couldn't go swimming with dad at the church. My nieces and nephews were a crackup, as always. The kids were all so excited to play with each other that the church was the last place they wanted to be. Felix had to perform the ordinance twice (he forgot her name the first time), which of course Baylee had to give him a hard time because she was cold. But is was beautiful and you could really feel the spirit and peace that were in the room.
I didn't realize how much Audrey Hepburn Baylee had in her until we got her dried off and changed.
I think if she's had a set of white satin gloves, the look would have been complete. She is beautiful, and wonderful and kind (when she wants to be...she's a work in progress like the rest of us). We are all very proud of her.
Mommy Thoughts (this qualifies, just like the birthday post)
1. 8 can be great, especially when you make great choices that have great outcomes.
2. Looking at this picture, I really hope she hung her dress up.
3. When she isn't fighting with someone, she has a somewhat angelic look about her, don't ya think?
4. I feel bad her day was cut short on account of broken people.
5. She's a good kid, a really, really, really good kid.