Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Schools Out for Summer....Let the Games Begin

Now that school is out for the summer, we can get the Morgan Version of the summer Olympics under way.

This summers incredible events include:

Long Distance Whining: the contestant works to achieve the longest time for whining over a single situation. Situations can include, but are not limited to whining over meals, playing with friends before chores, not wanting to do chores, being bored and looking for an entertainer, etc. Whatever the contestant is able to whine about for the longest amount of time.

Endurance Procrastination: the contestant is in a battle with him or herself to see how long they can put doing anything off until they absolutely have to in order to play. The winner will be able to do nothing, then accomplish all required tasks in record time to meet friends.

Ultimate Couch Potato-ing: the contestant that leaves the most resilient body imprint in the couch will walk away with the gold. Body imprint cannot be vacuumed out in a single try, or the contestant is automatically disqualified.

Boredom for the Alternative Thinker: the contestant that comes up with the most inventive idea for when the mom says, "You're bored? Oh, I'll give you something to do." If they are able to keep the mom from giving them a chore and entertain the most amount of people, the contestant will walk away with the prize.

Heavyweight Bickering: the prize will go to the contestant that is able to pick a fight over the most mundance of issues and keep the argument going longer than anyone else. The trick in this battle is to keep the fight going, yet end it as soon as the mommy walks into the room.

The Contendahs...........LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE................

Savannah: Age 11, going on 12, already mastering the art of hormone Aytch Eeeee Double Hockey Sticks. Able to blame others with less than a moments notice and point out others failings, while pointing out her strengths.

Noah: Age 9. Able to annoy in a single breath, actually he can do it without saying anything. Can put his sisters in a frenzy by walking into a room and sitting down. This is one to watch for Couch Potato-ing as well as Heavyweight Bickering.

Baylee: Age 7, going on 8 (I am required to tell you this because she will get mad if I don't). Not willing to back down from anything and in her relentless quest of household supremacy, won't let anything or anyone stand in her way.

Caleb: Age 4. Doesn't have to work to be the king, he believes he already is. Willing to tell anyone (regardless of size) to "bring it on" and not back down. Rather than have a verbal argument, will bite to make a point.

Stay tuned for results at the end of summer for champions.

Lessons Learned

1. Kids, I hope you have a sense of humor...because this is really in good fun.
2. If not, please don't read this.
3. What summer is like from the mommy's perspective.
4. There will be good parts too...I just know there will. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can run and hide if I am wrong on this one.
5. Let the adventure begin.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Funny story...I was out walking with my kiddos a while ago and Caleb was out attemping to ride his bike. As I approached I could tell he was struggling at the moment. He looked up at me and said, "Help me." In this desperate, miserable voice like he was about to give up on life. I said, "DO you want me to turn you around?" He said, "I need my house, I need help." I've never heard such desperation in a little boys voice. So I turned him around and he glared at me and rode off. Crazy thing is that brightened my day and I laughed for quite a while after that. Forgot to tell you that before. : )

Christy said...

That is so funny. In the procrastination area, Kylie could probably give any of your kids a run for the gold! You crack me up - as usual- I can't wait to see who the winners are (could the mommy be the winner this summer, with well-behaved, delightful children? NAH!) Have a fun summer!