Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

She Actually Made It To 8


Today is Baylee's eighth birthday. Every parent says they are surprised that a child makes it to a certain birthday, but we really meant it. I mean come on, she was blessed in the hospital at 7 weeks old. Was diagnosed with arthritis at 2. Uveitis and Iritis at 3. And in the past year, Sever's Disease, Fibromyalgia and Autonomic Dysfunction.
Since her baptism is coming up in a couple of weeks, I really need to say, I am so grateful that she made it. We all are. The house would be too quiet without her. And while some days are a struggle, I wouldn't change them for anything because we are lucky enough to have her in our lives.
Mommy Thoughts (It's a birthday post, gimme a break)
1. The children don't always learn from the parent, sometimes we are fortunate to have it the other way around.
2. She is one of the best examples of not giving up I have ever seen.
3. The trials are worth it when you have each other.
4. There really were days I thought I might be the reason she didn't make it to this birthday.
5. Maybe now she is ready to work on 'Getting along with my brothers and sister.' Maybe.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Awww, Happy birthday! How cute!
Hey, our rotti Bosco has Uveitis. Atleast she isn't the only one right?? hehehe : )