Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Concert for the Ages

Last night Felix and I went to the Fleetwood Mac concert. This was incredibly difficult for me, given my reaction to being in closed quarter with a whole bunch of people I don't know. Fortunately for me, most of the people who sat around us came late. And because we were sitting in floor seats, we had a little bit more space than in the Marriot Center.

I have to say going to a concert for a bad that has been around for so long is really interesting. I don't know how many bands can draw so many people from so many different generations.

The concert was awesome. I don't like loud music and crowded places, but I really enjoyed the music. Thank goodness my dear, sweet husband stopped and got me ear plugs for my sensitive little ears. Stevie Nicks will never be anything other than amazing. And it is absolutely fascinating to watch Lindsey Buckingham play the guitar.

So being trapped in my 14th row center floor seats, I decided my best option for survival was to people watch. Not the kind that goes up to the neighbors houses and looks through the windows to see what is going on, but the kind that when she is in a public place likes to see how other people act and react to what is going on around them. So in order for me to make it through the very crowded concert, I watched people.

10 Most Entertaining Concert People
1. The 2 older couples behind us comparing health ailments.
2. The couple directly in front of us that needed some privacy.
3. The peace sign drunk lady (it only got better when she started falling over the chairs), who was trying to convince the entire arena that we all needed to revert back to the sixties.
4. All of the people with hip replacements.
5. The poor, skinny white kid that shouldn't be allowed to dance in public.
6. The lady that kept trying to sneak up to the stage.
7. The husband of the lady that kept trying to sneak up to the stage, since he was trying to keep her from the stage.
8. The guy that was so drunk he forgot who he came with and started hugging all the women around him (maybe he was hoping for recognition the closer he got to the girls).
9. The guy dancing with the walker.
10. The guy whose earplugs kept popping out.

10 Most Annoying Things
1. The guy next to me that took his shoes off (yuck).
2. The smell of beer.
3. The guy next to me that felt it was his duty to expose my nose to his armpit.
4. The smell of beer.
5. The people that were seat hopping to empty chairs, and getting kicked out by people who had tickets for those seats.
6. The smell of beer.
7. The peace sign lady that forgot how to make peace signs and spent 2 whole songs trying to figure out which two fingers to use.
8. The smell of beer.
9. The couple in front of me that needed some privacy.
10. Oh, the smell of beer.

So, all in all it was quite the interesting evening. There is always something going on in the world around us.

Lessons Learned
1. I need to find a way to be rich so that I can own a box and go to events and not be by strangers.
2. I am so wacko...why can't I be normal?
3. My poor husband has to deal with my insecurities on SO many levels.
4. Maybe it's time for therapy.
5. Next time I might try valium.

2 comments:

Christy said...

i'm not only amazed that you went, but also that you made it out alive! :) The only thing more amazing is how strong your testimony is and you amazingly deep comments! You rock! :)

The Ridgeways said...

It was so fun to meet you last night, especially after reading your blog for ages and ages it is fun to put a face to it. Thank you for the great laughs.

Melanie