Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Random Thought of the Day

How did the saying, "Liar, Liar hanging from a telephone wire" come to be?

Thoughts Provoked
1. The mental picture alone, provokes all sorts of thoughts.
2. Was it by his pants...and like the, seriously, most major wedgie ever?
3. Was he hanging upside down? And what could he have possibly been lying about to make someone do that to him?
4. Why a telephone wire? Aren't there all sorts of other wires connected to public utilities that would have made for a much sturdier hanging place?
5. Could this be a metaphor for gossip? (and for those not paying attention, the things we say about others during phone calls.....hmmmmmmmmmmm)
HEY, I made it out of the shallow end...oh crud...I don't know how to swim.

1 comment:

Christy said...

So, you did say "wedgie". This is a quote, randomly said of course, from a 3rd grader yesterday: "when I sit in my chair with wet pants, I get the biggest wedgie". What was I supposed to say? :)