Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Any Job Worth Doing is Worth Doing Well

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONVERSATION IS EXACT. SOME SUBJECT MATTER MAY NOT BE APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AUDIENCES. WHILE GROSS AND DISGUSTING IN NATURE, IT IS THE SUBJECT MATTER OF KINGS, PRINCES AND ALL MANNER OF 4 YEAR OLDS.

ADDITIONAL WARNING: AUTHOR WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURIES CAUSED BY EXCESSIVE SHOCK, LAUGHTER OR FALLING OFF OF CHAIRS.

I took the kids out to dinner last night because Felix was out of town and it is kind of a tradition when Felix is out of town. Of course in the middle of dinner Caleb had to go to the bathroom, because we were at a public place and my children always have to go to the bathroom when they are out in public.

After Caleb went to the bathroom, he looked at me and said, "It's always good when I don't pee on my face." I happen to agree with that statement.

Then he said, "Want to know why I don't pee on my face?" Out of a sincerely frightened and disgusting curiousity, I did.

And of course the reason is, "Because my parents did a good job."

Lessons Learned
1. I have always wanted to know that my children were successful...this wasn't quite what I was looking for, but even small victories are victories.
2. Isn't it awesome when, even as a 4 year old, you have some control over your world.
3. I'm glad I can count on my children to tell it like it is.
4. Thank goodness that conversation happened in the bathroom instead of at the table...I might have thrown up.
5. Ahhhhhh, a 4 year old acknowledgement of the obvious is quite satisfying in a twisted kind of way.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ha Ha! That is so funny.