Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Life Lessons....the Wendy Way

You never know where your day is going to go when it starts out with your crying, not admitting your crying and telling yourself and everyone else who might be awake or care that there is a huge speck of tree in your eye.

So this blog is going to be a bit different than most...it is pretty much going to be my most recent life lessons through the whole thing and I didn't see the need to be repetitive. I am going to tell you what brought me to this point and then I am going to shove my life lessons down your throat.

Before I start I do need to explain how my brain works. Or maybe doesn't work. My brain is sort of a weavy, wandering kind of place. I can't compare my brain to something that even moves in a relatively straight line...kind of like a train on tracks...at least it is harder to get off point when there are tracks. My brain and thought processes are more like a drunk donkey pulling a cart on a very long tow rope. It doesn't matter where the drunk donkey goes because thanks to the long tow rope, the wagon is going to go where ever the heck it wants...up, down, sideways, circles, yada yada yada.

This is the short, short version of the story. Three weeks ago Caleb broke his arm. The first two weeks of checkups it wasn't healing. Last Thursday, we went in for checkup number three (after he fell out of the car flat onto his cast) and it was miraculously healing. WHEW. I though maybe I could take a moment and breathe a sigh of relief...well...that was dumb wasn't it.

Last night at 11 Baylee was walking up the stairs, rolled her ankle and yes, you guessed it...broke it. AMAZING. I had just taken my Ambien so I was not a candidate for driving her to the hospital, so this time Felix got to have the fun all by himself. Fortunately, it was a slow night at the ER and they were home by 1 with the splint, the crutches and the pain meds. We had a relatively good night, only one massive nightmare/pain episode and I got up at six (which by the way equals massive non-alcoholic hangover when you take Ambien at 10:30 and don't go to bed until after 1...I think that may have had something to do with my being so dang weepy).

I called the doctor at 7 because Caleb has had jaw pain and I figured I needed to check at least one thing off of my list. And I was able to check one thing off of my list...when I asked the doctor what would happen when DCFS came a knockin' he promised he would testify in my behalf....what a great guy.

Turns out Caleb has strep, and because Baylee and Noahs health problems they ended up on antibiotics too. Okay...whatever, oh and RRRRRIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHHTTTTT.

On the way home as my very little brain was moving through the combination of crazy that was raining down on my head here is where my head headed (hahahahahaha). Maybe we can look at this as a self-interview....kind of like Tiger Woods did at his tourny.

Life Lessons
1. What do ya do when Heavenly Father has more faith in you than you?
That is a fabulous question. Confusing, but fabulous. I could ask but I don't think I want to know the answer. But thank goodness I didn't have to ask, Heavenly Father has a way of answering my questions that I am too chicken to put out there and the answer is: that is up to you. What do you NEED (not want, NEED) to do? My answer is keep going. I am one of those people that is afraid to stop for fear of not liking what it's like when I stop. What if it is boring? You know what I mean? I already know that I can do what I do, so why mess with it. As per the line in Beauty and the Beast..."If it ain't Baroque, don't fix it." I'm good with that...works for me.

2. Why does this keep happening to me?
I almost feel like I am in a really bad soap opera with a lot of eye make up and big hair. WHY? I have never been a why me kind of gal, but definitely Why Now. Then I had one of those epiphany, light bulb over the head moments when I realized...does it really matter? Does it really matter why? Does it really why now? Not so much. those two question aren't going to change the fact that whatever is going on is going. What is, is. You can either roll with it or get run over by it. The why part is kind of trivial when you are wading in the middle of the muck.

3. When you laugh through your trials, does that make you crazy?
Crazy in a good way or crazy in a bad way? I suppose it depends, if I am running down the street with a butcher knife in my hand laughing like a hyena...that would be crazy in a bad way and that is not good. The other option: realizing that in every situation there is an element of good, an element of funny, probably an element of sad, mad or a hundred other emotions. But this is one of those things where the Law of Opposition really comes in handy. When you know the bad, the good is SO much sweeter.

4. Does the world stop turning for everyone else when it stops turning for you?
YES...I mean NO. I mean YES...No, not really. I wish, but I am pretty sure there would be a HUGE cosmic catastrophe. Probably floods, earthquakes, etc, etc, etc and I would really hate to be responsible for all of that just because I think the world should stop turning. Besides...weird and creepy...and I don't do weird and creepy...much.

5. Whose fault is it when you feel so alone, scared, overwhelmed and/or freaked out beyond belief?
That would be yours, I mean mine...you know what I mean...put it in context. When I look around and see how blessed and extremely fortunate I am to be surround by wonderful people who care. It is truly a modern day miracle when a total dork (like me) would be surrounded by so many angels. What a wonderful time and place to be in, knowing that regardless of the crazy, not a single one of us has to walk the path alone. Phew what a relief. I have realized that when you spread the weight of the world on a few extra shoulders, it isn't quite so heavy.

2 comments:

jill peters hawley said...

it will get better! jello is on its way!

Christy said...

Look at you learning all the time. :) I do love the drunk donkey analogy, although I got a little distracted by trying to figure out how a donkey would get drunk, but I digress. I'm wishing you lots of good luck this week! And, maybe the doctor should start reccommending falling out of the car if your broken arm isn't healing. Apparently it works, Caleb should patton it and get rich. :)