Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Stupid Woman Driver

Just so you don't hold your breath waiting to find out who that stupid woman driver is...ummmm, that would be me.

It has been an interesting few weeks...little to no sleep, just to keep things exciting. I finally went to the doctor to attempt to solve that little problem and I have slept 2 whole days in a row. And given the events of the night, sleep ain't what it's cracked up to be.

We decided to go out for ice cream...my stress level has been a little high and I needed a little sustenance...Cold Stone Creamery style. We had a wonderful time until Caleb and his new green cast decided to go a little haywire in the middle of Cold Stone. So since the kids were done (except for Baylee...no surprise there) and Felix and I weren't we decided to head home and keep the peace (and pieces of Cold Stone together). I drove because I had less ice cream to melt all over the car.

I turned left onto whatever street that is that goes by Spankys (and I love that there is a diner named Spankys for SO many reasons, but that is a conversation for another day and another time when my therapist ISN'T on vacation) and through the 4 way stop to the hospital. At the four way stop I stop, signal and wait for the other car to go. I go hit a MASSIVE bump, get a dirty look from Felix and then the stupid exclamation point light on the dashboard turns on.

I pull over and Felix gets out. He looks at the back tire and I new it was flat. As he was looking at the front tire, it went flat. FINE. Okay. FINE.

He calls roadside assistance...at this point I was grateful for the extended warranty. 45 minutes later I am walking home with the kids, Felix is still on the phone and I now hate roadside assistance. My wonderful friend and neighbor Lisa (you really need to start your own blog, this would be a great story from your point of view) came a picked us up. Once I got the kids home I went back and met Felix to wait for the tow truck.

When I got there is was back on the phone with roadside assistance because they couldn't figure out where in Pleasant Grove we were (they don't understand the grid system) and hadn't even called a tow truck. So I call Johns towing, get a tow truck on the way and call roadside assistance back. Arrange to get reimbursed for the costs and proceed to sit in my car and play games on my cell phone.

A while later (can I just say, most men are unfamiliar with the way time passes...for them it goes so much slower than in reality), it was supposed to be 20 minutes but ended up as 40, the tow truck arrived, got the car and hung a FAB-O u-ey to take the car to Big O Tires. At least he took the short road...but we had to drive on that evil road with the POORLY maintained corners...I'm just sayin'.

From beginning of tow to end of tow...12 minutes. Awesome. So now for my birthday, I get 4 new tires...you're jealous...that's okay, it will pass...eventually.

Lessons Learned
1. I don't think I need ice cream anymore.
2. I don't think I will drive holding ice cream ever again.
3. If this is how well I drive when I sleep, I don't think I need to sleep anymore.
4. One day my husband might talk to me again.
5. One day I might drive again....one day.

No comments: