Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Poo Water

Okay, before you go any further, just know that I am ranting. You've been warned. If you continue to go forward, you do so at your own risk.

So like, my lawn has been looking worse and worse, and you know what...I didn't much feel like doing anything about it. But when I saw my grandma pouring bottled water on the dry spots, I felt a little bit of pressure.

I got my little tool thingy to adjust the sprinklers, turned 'em on and went to town. Here's the issue:

1. Very little training from the sprinkler dude when we got the new sprinklers.
2. So little training, in fact, that after a freakin' hour getting drenched by the stupid irrigation poo water I had to look up how to adjust them online. URGH.
3. Which brings me to my next point...why do children feel the need to touch sprinklers? Perhaps my grass would be OKAY if someone hadn't turned the heads to water the stupid street.
4. After another hour getting soaked in the poo water trying to adjust the sprinklers the WRONG WAY...oh and did I mention that I didn't sleep all night and I have a stiff neck...so I am already CRABBY and CRAZY? After adjusting the sprinklers the wrong way for an hour, bruising my hand and making it swell up like a very little balloon, I read the instructions again and did the right way in 5 minutes. Don't go there...not pretty.
5. So I finally come in to find Baylee having decided to make slushies and there is stupid flavored syrup all over my counter, my floor and the brand new slushie maker in pieces. WHATEVER.
6. After some hysteria about cleaning up, I tell Noah to watch Caleb so I can get the poo water off of me. Then I get to the next point....
7. Where's Caleb? Has anybody seen Caleb? After tearing through the house screaming at the top of my lungs, I realize I saw him go to the neighbors house while I was covered in POO WATER. Riiiiigggghhhhtttt.
8. So I call my husband to complain, we talk for a minute, my husbands cell drops the call and I am so frustrated that I can't even vent, I throw the phone down and plop on the floor in tears...oh and did I mention that I didn't sleep all night and have a stiff neck?
9. I get the poo water off, come downstairs and find that Baylee missed the whole screaming 'clean up after yourself' fit. So she got another one.

Lessons Learned
1. Done ranting.
2. Wait...
3. Nope.
4. Gotta find a kid....
5. Must yell.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Love it!
It just so happens that Matt is an expert sprinkler adjuster, he would be super duper glad to come over and fix them for ya! For reals. Just let us know!
Did you find Caleb yet?? LOL

The Ridgeways said...

ewww, I never thought of the irrigation water as poo water, I am so never going to be able to let the kids run through the sprinklers again, lol

Would you mind emailing me the info on the Dr you are seeing for your diet? I am tired of being "fluffy"

melanie.ridgeway at gmail.com