Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

Life is SO Unfair

Oh the injustice...there are no words.

This morning, Baylee was really struggling with pain. She had a friend come over to 'watch' a movie yesterday and completely overdid it. Surprise, surprise, surprise.

As I was getting her set for the morning...pain meds, water, breakfast, pillow...you know, the whole 9 yards, there was a blood curdling scream in the living room from Caleb. I go running into the living to find my poor boy crying. He had the broom and large tears running down his face.

Worried that something was broken (mainly him) I ran to him and asked, "What's wrong? What's wrong?" He looked up at me and said in a wavering, little voice, "I don't know how to limbo."

At which point, we both cried.

Life Lessons
1. It's a good thing that you don't 'officially' learn to limbo until you are five. We can start training early though.
2. Laughter IS the best medicine. You may not heal, but you sure do have a better outlook on life.
3. Now I know why the broom was balanced on the piano bench and couch.
4. Perhaps it's time for a luau.
5. Maybe I should watch an Elvis flick....that should take care of it.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love that! Poor kid...tell him I'm a grown up and I still can't limbo!
Life really is unfair in situations like that isn't it! : )