Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

I Love You Too!

When you read the title, make sure you are thinking of that song from Pete's Dragon. The one where Helen Reddy's character is singing to Peter after he has lived with her for a while. Yeah, that one.

So I was getting ready to herd everyone up and get them out the door for piano on Wednesday. I was doing my hair...side note: Doing my hair is really very relative...I try to do just enough that it looks I did whatever it is I do to that tumbleweed that sits on top of my head.

Caleb comes into my bathroom and the following conversation takes place.....

Caleb: Mom, your hair looks hot.

Mom: Gee, thanks.

Caleb: So, uh, how long are you going to be married to dad?

Mom: Forever sweetie.

Caleb: So, uh, do you think you will be done soon?

Mom: Nope, forever is a really a long, long time. Dad and I are always going to be married.

Caleb: Well then, when can I be married?

Mom: When you are a grown up you can be married too.

Caleb: (With a stomp of his foot and scowl on his face) I'M TRYING!

Lessons Learned
1. I apparently had a really good hair day (even if it was only for a few minutes) on Wednesday.
2. He loves me.
3. It's nice to know one of my children likes me right now (I'm kind of ornery).
4. I even passed off almost all of my songs at piano with NO practice...wrong, but awesome.
5. Hopefully I am giving Caleb high expectations for his wife...that is a nice thought.

No comments: