Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Are You Freakin' Kidding Me?

I really wanted to post this...if for no other reason to make every one else feel better about their day.

I was picking up some prescriptions at Walgreens this evening. With their new, limited hours, we have decided that we never have any idea when they are open...so we always try and beat them at their own game and get there before six.

There was someone in the lane next to the big window, so I pull into the lane that has the cool little box thingy with the flappy door. Since I was only picking up and I use fast pay...hey no biggie, I'll be out of there in like two seconds.

So I use the little drive through microphone thing to tell them what prescriptions I need. They go get them and request my drivers license because one of them was a narcotic...yes a narcotic. Don't be frightened. So they send back my prescriptions with my license and as the little cage thing comes down and opens, it flings the bag of medications out at warp speed.

This is the sequence of events...no embellishment...I PROMISE.

1. The medication hits the car and falls to the ground (YAY gravity...Ummmm, Sir Isaac Newton couldn't you have discovered I don't know...calorie free desserts instead?).
2. I open the door to retrieve the medication (do you need the 10 second rule for medications like you do food?).
3. Said door hits the microphone/cage stand.
4. Door rebounds and hits my head.
5. Dazed, I shake my head.
6. I reach down to pick up the medication, and promptly rip the receipt off while simultaneously flinging the bag to an area I cannot reach.
7. I remove my flip flip to use as a tool for medication retrieval.
8. I get the medication bag back into range.
9. Put myself and medication back in the car (in a huff).
10. Shut foot in door.
11. Get foot out of the way.
12. Shut the door.
13. Drive Away.
14. Wonder where I can order a helmet for my own protection.

There you have it. I can't even manage to get medications without a MAJOR production.

Lessons Learned
1. If that ever happens again...make the pharmacy tech come get...it wasn't my stupid machine thingy that is flinging stuff all over the parking lot.
2. NEVER, EVER use that lane again...which happens to make number 1 obsolete.
3. Maybe we shouldn't use the cough medicine narcotic...on the other hand, I got no place to go but up.
4. Do you think I could have pulled a McGuyver and made a grabber-ma-bob out of the items in my purse?
5. Maybe I should stop blogging and move on to inventing....nah...that would take WAY to much effort.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! Do you wonder if anyone else has those moments?
If it makes you feel better I have! It was in Smith's Halloween of 2007...not a good night for me! : )

sassygirl said...

why don't you ever tell me those things?