Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

You Know It's Going to Be An Interesting Day When...

You know it's going to be an interesting day when...

...the three year old walks into the room and announces, "Germans are rude." and walks back out.
-or-
...the three year old informs you it took to long to make him Cup-O-Noodles, then tells you, "You're dead to me." and turns his back.
-or-
...the seven year old scolds you for expecting them to get dressed for school, because waking up is a 'process'.
-or-
...as you are going to bed the night before, and the eleven year old wants to know who stapled all of the pictures to the wall.
-or-
...you listen to the nine year old practicing The Dragon Hunt on the piano and the big finish ends with...."WAH HAH HAH HAH...let's do it again.", and does.
-or-
...the three year old makes sure that whatever the reason you told him no, "His brain says its okay".
-or-
...one of the children walks in, looks around and says, "Well, that's a recipe for disaster." (I was just watching TV...I swear).
-or-
...the nine year old says his retainer his on the floor, "DUH" (like that is where it's supposed to be).
-or-
...the children are trying to bribe YOU to take them to the library (and since when is conversation not stimulating enough?).
-or-
...you wake up.

Lessons Learned
1. There is NEVER, EVER, NOT EVER a dull moment.
2. Is this the price you pay when you encourage independent thought?
3. One day I am going to need to keep my snappy comments to myself.
4. At least they are entertaining...kind of like in a 'The Godfather' kind of way.
5. Nobody is bleeding...it's a good day.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Thanks for the laugh, I needed one today! Your kids are definitely yours - who else could come up with those things? Apple, tree, ya know?

Megan said...

I love it! I have been laughing my head off at some of the stuff my kids have been saying lately too...so I'm glad its normal. (if it's not normal then atleast I am not alone) : )

Liz said...

So does the 3 year old have a lot of experice with Germans? or just watching a lot of Hogans Heroes?

Heidi said...

Sounds like a normal day in the life of the Morgans!!! :)