Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

When Dreams Come True

It has been a rough day. Okay a rough couple of days. Not dwelling. Not dwelling. Not dwelling. (Chanting is supposed to help).

I was very touched today to have angels come in to my life today, at a time I didn't even realized I needed comfort so desperately. Thank you.

As an added bonus, whenever Baylee has a rough day, she has a tendency to write me little love notes. I was in the bathroom (yes, the bathroom) when a note comes flying in from underneath the door. I finish up and get the note and there is a picture of a queen and the words, "Queen of Dreams". Knowing exactly who made it, I went to tell her how beautiful it was and that I already knew she was the queen of dreams.

I was stopped dead in my tracks when she said, "No. It's not me. It's you. Because of everything you do to make my dreams come true."

I think I needed that.

Lessons Learned
1. What better validation could a mother have than that?
2. I know I mess up A LOT, but maybe it isn't as much as I think it is.
3. I am grateful for the life lines that come my way when I haven't figured out that I am drowning.
4. I hope I can live up to that.
5. My heart is full beyond imagination. For once, I think I'm speechless.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh wow! Yeah, that gives me goosebumps. You definitely needed that. What an angel, it's amazing how our kids can drive us crazy one minute, and totally save us the next!!!

Christy said...

That is so sweet! I don't know why I'm always amazed at the love and help our Father in Heaven sends to us. I'm glad you've been loved & lifted! Have a happy day!