Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

It Is I Calgon...Here to Take You Away

Okay, so I have been rotton lately. DUH...like you couldn't tell just by walking outside. I believe my icky was permeating the air.

My sweet babies (okay, they aren't REALLY babies, but they are MY babies) have really done a stupendous job putting up with the regular stress, and then the stress that I added on top of it. They have each found a special way to bring me a little joy and happiness, even when I was in the darkest of dark.

When I woke up this morning, I knew that I had become the straw that broke the camels back. Baylee woke up and spent an hour crying, begging and pleading to not leave my side. She couldn't bear the though of going to school. We struck a deal, and decided I would pick her up at lunch.

As everyone else woke up they were not quite in the state of Baylee, but they were draggin'. Caleb didn't even wake up until 10...CRAZY KID. I had a wonderful visit with my visiting teachers (okay, friends....they give me so much more that I give them....and I think they would even if they were required to by calling...but I digress, and besides, I'll take what I can get). Anyways, they really lifted my spirits and I felt more normal that I had in a LONG, LONG time.

So as soon as they left, I decided to go pick up Baylee right away so I wouldn't have to backtrack during my errands...and yes, last summers gas prices STILL have me freaked out. So wouldn't you know it, as soon as I pulled up to the school Savannah was walking out and found me. It was like Karma. First words out of her mouth were, "Please check me out. Please. I want to stay with you." Of course I gave in.

We decided to get Noah too. Why not, at least I would have to make another trip. So I picked up all the munchkins and loaded everyone up. As I went to get into the car, I was struck by how pinched everyones faces were. Right then I decided that I was CALGON. I would swoop everyone up and SAVE THE DAY...or at least a minute or two.

We ran errands as quickly as possible and then went to Wendys (because apparently, I am not enough Wendy for everyone). Then we went to Cold Stone (any excuse will do). And then we went home and did nothing...no chores, no nothing. I believe it was a much needed breath of fresh air.

Lessons Learned
1. You don't always have to know exactly what is going on in your childrens heads to know that they need you.
2. I liked being Calgon...it's been a while since I have left like I was doing anything for anyone.
3. Would going to Cold Stone two times in one day be wrong?
4. Sometimes a little bit of nothing is just the right amount of something.
5. Since a picture can say a thousand words, I think the looks on the faces of your loved ones, can write an entire novel.

I think I need to work on being Calgon more often.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Hey! So much fun! Every once in a while (before I worked) we'd have a "Belt snow day" and just stay home from school and veg and watch movies and have treats. I think kids need a break & a pick me up every once in a while! What an awesome Mommy!!