Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Lucy, You Got Some 'Splainin' to Do."

Okay, that only works if you are using your very best Ricky Ricardo accent.

I fear as of late that my post(s) have been a little serious. Well guess what? This on is too. So, sorry 'bout yer bad luck.

I am very frustrated at the intolerant climate in our country. Has it always been like this? Or am I really as dumb as my kids think?

Alright, I am not one for watching pageants. And no, I didn't watch the one that was just on Sunday. That would be the Miss USA pageant.

I've got a couple of questions.

1. Who picks the judges? I mean, really? A celebrity stalker (that would be Perez Hilton). A model who holds a briefcase on a game show (yes, a briefcase holder from Deal or No Deal). And 10 other people smart enough to keep their mouths shut.

2. If there isn't supposed to be any political issues within the pageant (or scholarship program according to Miss Congeniality), who authorizes political questions for the question and answer session. Whatever happened to all the questions that had World Peace as the answer?

3. When did political correctness equal a left leaning political belief system? You apparently cannot be politically correct and a conservative republican at the same time. Who knew? I didn't at least until this week.

See, I'm spouting again. I guess I just need to get all of this out of my system. So you can either stop reading now and walk away and no one is the wiser. Or you can keep reading, and then lie about having read it. Or you can keep reading and post a comment about my vast right wing conspiracy. Or you can keep reading not post a comment but at least believe I gave you something to think about.

So here are my thoughts. Just to clarify, my thoughts are few and far between and I really do need to make a big deal of it when it does happen. But here goes....

1. Don't be an 'impartial' judge if you can't be impartial. DUH.

2. You have no business referring to someone as a dumb because they have a differing opinion from yours. Let me expound: the constitution does guarantee your right to free speech, just as it does her. The nasty and unnecessary comments only make you look like a bigoted fool. See...even I have the right to free speech.

3. Since the scoring on the question/answer thing is supposed to be based on the contestants ability to give a clear, well thought out answer...how do you give her a 0 for answering? I guess someone didn't pay attention in the scholarship program training course....hmmmm. Guess you'll be heading to summer school for inept pageant judges.

4. While I appreciate that Hollywood individuals feel as though they have a right to be heard because they have the money to make sure their opinions are the loudest, ummmmm...why were you complaining about money in the Proposition 8? Me thinks there is a hefty double standard happenin' here.

5. Let's play a little role reversal. So let's say it was a gay contestant and straight judge. The question was exactly the same. The answer was the exact opposite of what was said at the actual pageant. The straight judge gives the gay contestant a zero. The uproar in Hollywood and homosexual circles would have been millions of times louder than what we have seen in this case. And yet...you think Conservative Christians are wrong? If you want tolerance and equality, perhaps you should practice what you preach.

Okay. I think I feel better. Maybe, maybe not. But to me, I feel like I am seeing the same thing over and over again. People can cry 'Equality' all they want. But if you sit back and look at what is really happening, 'Equality' is not what is really desired...superiority and domination are.

Lessons Learned
1. I have been emotionally charged about this country lately...maybe it's hormones...or maybe it's intolerance.
2. I think I really understand the 'Mother Bear Syndrome'. It is so important for me to protect my babies futures. But hand in hand is my desire to teach them to use their voices.
3. When my husband reads this he is going to be positive that I have gone off the deep end (thank goodness I am a good swimmer).
4. Why can't people be nice to one another?
5. If anyone has any insight, I would LOVE to hear it...because I am confused.

2 comments:

Megan said...

have I told you lately that I love you? : )

Unknown said...

I think you mention me just to see if I really read these. HA! I do.

and I don't think you have gone off the deep end ( more like a little visit in the little plastic kids pool)