Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Stooges Go to Church

On TV there are The Three Stooges...in reality, there are at least 6 and they all live at my house.
It was a beautiful Easter Sunday morning. It really did seem more beautiful than usual, I'm sure it was because of all the yucky weather we have had lately.

We made our earnest attempt to be on time for church, and for once we actually made it. See, modern day miracles DO happen. It was a wonderful meeting even with Caleb and Baylee in their usual unable to sit still mode. We (I) decided that since Baylee couldn't sit still that she could be in charge of taking Caleb out for water, to the bathroom, out for water...yada yada yada.
It was working really well, until....Baylee was taking Caleb out for the second time. There was a musical number by the ward choir and apparently I really needed some music to soothe my soul because I didn't even notice they hadn't come back.

At the end of the music Felix left (through the west door) to go a find them. About 30 seconds after that Noah decided he needed to go to the bathroom and heads out of the west door. About 2 minutes after that Baylee came in (from the east door) and in her very best stage whisper in the nearly silent chapel, she informed me that, "Caleb peed all over the floor in the bathroom and I had to clean it up BY MY SELF. And now he won't come in." I found out where he was and told Baylee to sit down.

I pointed to the east door and asked Savannah to go get Caleb because he was a little more obedient with her. So Savannah got up and went out of the west door. As I was huffy breathing as quietly as I could, I got up and went out the east door where I found Felix who was with Caleb and mad because he was alone with no sign of Baylee. We went to the hallway so I could tell him what happened and just then Savannah come running around the corner, sees Felix and me, but no Caleb and in a panick says, "I can't find Caleb." I soothed her and told her we found him. Just then Noah comes out of the bathroom on the east side of the building sees all of us and says, "What's everybody doing in the hall?"

Yeah, it really happened. My solution? Easy...I sent everybody home to go clean the house so I could enjoy the rest of church...selfish, selfish, selfish.

Lessons Learned
1. At least it was one of top two types of humor...physical humor or a comedy of errors (and yes...it was comedy of errors).
2. My children are apparently directionally challenged.
3. Church was really good...up to that part.
4. Heavenly Father has a sense of humor...even on Sunday.
5. I am still hoping that everyone that was sitting around us had a sense of humor too.

1 comment:

Tara said...

My kids most have been really bad because I didn't even notice the circus you were putting on! Ben did try and escape out the WEST door a few times....he must have know there was a party or a potty out there!