Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mommy Award

I have always wanted to be Mother-of-the Year but things keep getting in the way of my being a recipient. But I have an amazing imagination, so we are going to pretend that I'm worthy.

Here are the rules:

1. Admit ONE thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are NO LONGER allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a great mom!

I don't know if I can put myself in the category of a great mom, tenacious yes, great...hmmmm. One thing I do feel awful about is the bad example I have set for my kids when it comes to food. I would eat brownies all day long and be okay with it. One of the things I am working on is rearranging our food pyramid so that it no longer looks upside down.

2. To remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list SEVEN things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself of EVERY DAY that you rock!

1. I love to laugh with my kids. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. When we really get going, it takes forever to calm down.
2. I love (even though they don't) that they are learning personal responsibility through their daily chores.
3. I love that because of their own trials they have IMMENSE compassion for others who are experiencing trials.
4. I love that even though my kids work really hard at trying to convice their friends of how much they hate one another, they are fierce protectors of each other.
5. I love that none of my kids can go to bed at night without a hug and kiss from the mommy. I have even had them fall asleep and then come and wake me up in the middle of the night because they didn't get their snuggle.
6. I love my kids vocabulary. It is so much fun to listen to them talk to one another sounding like short grown ups.
7. I love that we have our own little book club. We all read the same books and then have a pow wow about what happened in the book. I LOVE watching their minds at work.

I don't know if I am quite worthy of a mommy award...but thanks to Megan for thinking I was. :)

I pass this award on to:
Heidi
Mom-Pat
Christy
Lore
Jill
Lisa (start your blog...hint, hint)
Karey (yours can be a pre-mommy blog...you know, the things you want to avoid, and the things you want to accomplish)

2 comments:

Megan said...

you are a terrific mommy!!

jill peters hawley said...

i promise i will get to this! the book club idea is brilliant by the way!