Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

Tattletales of the World Unite

On a quick excursion to Macey's to buy the medication forgotten at my earlier adventure at Walgreens, I walked in only to be greeted by a boisterous, obnoxious, and quite frankly ANNOYING group of late teens, early twenty-somethings. It wouldn't have been a big deal, except for the fact they were right by the bulk foods and ummm, I was out of chocolate covered cinnamon bears. HELLO...move it or lose it, I am a woman in crisis.

Fortunately for me, they moved ten feet to the right, so the all important cinnamon bears were now accessible. As I began to gently gather my necessary source of nutrition, I was COMPLETELY grossed out by one of the aforementioned unruly crowd as he walked around the bulk food items, reaching in and making his own snack time...YUCK. So I finished my business at the bulk food section, and moved to the Caffeine Free Diet Coke section. Loaded up and moved out...I had to get the medication for the people who REALLY had issues. Got it and headed out.

As I was in line, the very loud and seemingly becoming more unruly group continued to have a love-fest in bulk foods. By the time I reached the cashier, I leaned over and said, "I don't know if anyone cares, but that group over there is having snack time in the bulk food section. And number one, EW GROSS and number two, that makes my grocery bill go up to pay for the snackage."

And you know, I was amazed. There were two managers over there in like 30 seconds. YAY. The cashier, looked at me and said, "Thank you so much. I am a germaphobe, I don't even open doors without a handkerchief. Now I can't ever eat from the bulk food section. But thank you for letting us know." At that point he tried to give me handfuls of the candy they keep for the kids.

Lessons Learned
1. Crime doesn't pay.
2. I am SO a policemans daughter.
3. Don't stick your hand in the bulk food bin unless you have on gloves or the candy is wrapped. DUH.
4. At least I know where Savannah gets her talent from.
5. Since I can't be mother of the year, I guess I will settle for protecting the every day consumer from dorks. (I am going to have a T-shirt made)

No comments: