Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Random Thought of the Day

Why are there silent consonents? Like Gnat, gnu or knock, knee...Don't you think they want to be heard?

Lessons Learned
1. I have officially lost it. Unfortunately, I don't know what it is, and if I ever really had it.
2. Don't 2 syllables sound much more commanding than single syllables...try it, you know you want to...Guh-nat, Kuh-nock
3. Why is the alphabet limited to only 26 letters?
4. And why is Y the only letter that can be a consonent and a vowel...don't you think Y is lonely?
5. Now, I'm sure, I never had it...therefore I do not need to worry about having lost it.

2 comments:

Christy said...

what do you mean "silent"? I always say "ga-nat" and "ka-nock", especially "ka-nife".

jill peters hawley said...

you crack me up. i hadn't checked your blog in a few days and wow! you do lead an exciting life. hope all is well. your christmas gift giving inspired me. hopefully i will remember by next christmas...