Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Marco? Polo....

Caleb has entered a point in his life that he is really asserting his independence...much to  my dismay...it isn't like he wasn't already independent...

On Sunday we went to my sisters ward for the blessing of her cute little baby and then we went to our ward to teach our Sunday School class.  We got there right before our class was to start so I ran to the other side of the building to go and grab something.  Caleb was mad about something (as usual...) and I was talking to a friend.  Now...let me be honest...it was a short conversation.  I saw Caleb go around the corner, but he has done so good lately about not straying that I figured he was just pouting around the corner.

I finish up my conversation...and by the way, I really don't get a lot of grown up talk time...so I was really enjoying it, and headed around the corner to grab Caleb, take him to his class and then go to mine.  I get to the hall...no Caleb.  Walk around to the other side of the building where Felix was...no Caleb.  Get the rest of the kids to start doing a class to class search.  I get to Felix and tell him to head home and see if he tried to make his way there.

The kids don't find him in class rooms, in bathrooms...the kid vanished out of thin air.  I call Felix at home and he says there is no sign of him.  I tell him to call 911, because of Caleb's history with 1st East, church and disappearing.  Long story...still traumatized (and it was 2 years ago), so not going into it.

Felix said to go and grab someone from the Bishopric to help search before we do that.  As I head back to the chapel, Sacrament meeting gets out, throngs of people start herding to their classes and there is still no sign of Caleb.  Hi, my name is Wendy and I'm TOTALLY panicking.  Just as I reach out to grab someone to help, out of the corner of my eye I see of flash of color.  I turn and guess who is climbing out from underneath one of the tables?  And yes, it was a table I checked.

Lessons Learned
1. Marco?
2. Polo
3. I'm gonna hurt the kid if he ever hides from me again.
4. Oh I did call Felix and Felix wanted to spank him too.
5. But we didn't...we resorted to psychological torture of taking things away instead.  And all Caleb could say about it all was, "Why do you have to remember things?"  I don't know...why do I?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

At least you remember things. LOL Wait until your kids don't care if they are in trouble because you will just forget what they did by the next day.

Caleb BTW, rides his bike waaay too fast for my comfort! That kid is fearless! :)