Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Why?

I love my kids...but they (on occassion) talk too much.  Caleb in particular.  I think since he has 3 very vocal siblings...he has to get what he can while they aren't around.  This is just from one day.  ONE DAY.

"Why are we here?"
"Why do we have ears?"
"Why do we swallow?"
"Can I stop swallowing?"
"What if somebody killed Jesus and he stayed dead?"
"What if somebody killed me and I stayed dead?"
"When you die, can I have the house?"
"Why do you say in a minute?"
"What if I want it now?"
"Did you see that?  Me neither."
"Why can't I have that?"
"Why did you tell me no again?"
"Why do we sleep?"
"Why does it get dark?"
"Why can't I be the boss of me?"
"How'd you see me do that?"
"Why is it a bad choice?"


And so on and so forth...that is but a mere portion of the fun that he and I have on a daily, hourly, minutely (is that a word) basis.  Just thought I'd share.

Lessons Learned
1. Great minds think alike.
2. Even if I'm not asking the questions, at least I know someone is.
3. There is never a dull moment around here.
4. It's a wonder my ears don't bleed from the lack of silence.
5. It is WAY better than quiet...WAY better.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wait...is this post about Cayson? I have heard all of those questions a time or two. Kids...gotta love 'em. : )
Does he talk himself to sleep? No joke...that's how Cayson falls asleep...he talks and talks and talks until finally he sleeps.

Vondalee said...

Oh my, do your kids really ask all of those questions in ONE day? I'd end up kicking and screaming and throwing a fit! Which is probably why I only had 2 kids... I KNEW that I couldn't handle more! You're one brave girl, Mz. Wendy!