Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

PANTS ON!...No...Off!....No....ON!

This is a funny story.  At least it is to us.  And since I'm trying to share a little humor from every day...or at least every day something funny happens....this is Tuesday.  And I will change the name of the guest in order to protect the innocent and the GUILTY!  (And the fact that he was only 6 might have something to do with it too!)

Tuesday afternoon Caleb had his first play date with a friend from school.  We are going to call him Aytch (Pronounced 'H'....like the letter).  We picked up Aytch from school and just brought him home with us.  The little boys were immediately off and running and playing through the house.

I had to do something....really, do I know what I do each day....nah, I don't....so I had to do something in my room (which is right off of the family room) and Noah, Savannah and Baylee were with me telling me about their days.  Since we just switched schools last week, we still have lots to discuss about each day as we adjust to our new environment.

As we were talking, Caleb came in and let me know that Aytch needed to take his pants off and where should he do that?  Well....the best place is the bathroom....don't ya think?

A few moments later, Aytch came out of the bathroom....sans pants....with his pants and shoes in hand.  I called to Caleb and asked him to come into my room.  "Hey Caleb, is Aytch wearing pants right now?"  "No."  "Why not?"  "I don't know."  "Does he need new pants?"  "I don't know.  Hey Aytch, do you need new pants?"  "No."

So I decided to take the matter into my own hands.  "Aytch, are you wearing pants?"  "No."  "Do you need new pants?"  "No."  "Aytch, why aren't you wearing pants?"  "Because I wanted to get comfortable."

Okay.

Lessons Learned
1.  I might need a sign that says something about PANTS ON!
2.  Caleb was able to delicately let his friend know that we wear pants here.  I didn't know Caleb could be delicate.
3.  Noah makes a great undercover spy that goes out in the open to make sure people are wearing pants.
4.  I suppose every one is more comfortable without their pants....although not in front of strangers......
5.  I'm grateful I have a home where guests feel comfortable enough to take their pants off?  WHAT???

3 comments:

Papi and Wee Granny said...

HAHAHAHAHA!
Just last week my grandson Max (almost 3) made the successful transition to 'big boy' pants, and has done quite well with the potty training. However, he hates wearing a pull-up for sleeping, and first thing in the morning, likes to get that thing off, and just put his pj bottoms back on...a little commando time before the underoos go on. His cousing Ella, also almost 3, has been known to go commando. Her parents and babysitter have found that out at different times while at the mall, or zoo, or park...

Stephanie said...

Haha! That's so great! Aytch must be pretty comfortable with his friend, Caleb!

Stephanie said...

So funny!