Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Paint, Poop and Pool

I believe we have already discovered that no day of the week is free from my shenanigans.  There is always something going on and there is usually a fifty, fifty chance that it is going to be filled with chaos!

And I now have proof, that Friday is not exempt from the policy.

With our impending move, I have had to do a lot of work around the house.  You know I am totally cool living in squalor, but if I am going to rent out my house I have to have everything just right or I will feel really, really bad.

My most recent project has been the laundry room.  I have had a utility sink installed, been working on some texturizing, repainting the baseboards to get rid of the very outdated blue.  So I had to do another coat and I left the can of paint on the washing machine.  Now, the lid was on, but not hammered on.  So this is what I woke up to on Friday morning:


Yes, that would be an entire gallon of paint on the floor.  Sorry the picture is blurry, my tears may have had something to do with that.  But alas, I decided to let it dry and see if we could peel it up.  That was the goal anyway.

So we were also lucky to have my cousin and her kids with us for the week.  I'm glad they were there, but it also marked the beginning of  taking down grandma's rooms.  It was very bittersweet.

I walked to Grandma's room with my tear-stained cheeks to grab some papers or something.....whew?  What was that smell?  Oh man....someone left a serious stinker.  I flush, the nastiness rose to meet me.  SERIOUSLY?

I grab the plunger and get to stepping.  Nothing, absolutely nothing.  Great.  I have errands and all sorts of chaos going on that morning.  In between trips to the store and everywhere else, I come home and plunge.  Nothing.  Felix tried.  Jill tried.  Nada.

I get the pipe snake (and a mask) and get to work.  It won't budge.  I had flashbacks of flaming toilets (for reference: http://heffalumpsnwoozles.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_archive.html) and became despondent.  I couldn't go through that again!  So I called a plumber, but he couldn't make it until 5.  Hey, it's Friday and if he's willing, that works for me.

In the meantime we headed to the pool.  We all definitely needed some relaxation.  I got out to take Caleb to the bathroom and then decided to stay out for a few minutes.  Next thing I know, Savannah power walks up to me, complains about the lifeguard that wouldn't let her run and tells me Baylee has a bloody nose and she is bleeding 'ALL OVER THE BATHROOM'.  I power walk to the bathroom and confirm what she said.  Baylee's nose is bleeding so severely the toilet paper rolls are have soaked.

I left her to get first aid help.  They sent first aid in the form of 1 (one) (uno) (un) gauze bandage.  I said she is bleeding ALL OVER THE PLACE.  They said that it would work.  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

When we got back to the bathroom, the first aid tech said, "Wow she's a bleeder."  Yeah, I told you.  She got set up with her magical, single gauze pad and went and got more supplies.

We managed to get it slowed down, but after a half an hour, she was still bleeding and I said we would finish up at home.  So we had to fill out an incident report....YAY....those are always fun.  Which is right about when Baylee was getting to the passing out point.  We made it to the car and home and discover the bruise on her face from where she was pushed/fell and smacked her nose.


So after a long while more, we got her to stop bleeding, showered and fed....although each bite was a smidge painful for her.

All the while, the plumber was working on the toilet of doom.  He is the best plumbing in the world.  Not only can he handle that manner of funkification (new word....working towards dictionary fame, please start using freely), but after he cleared the toilet, he took it apart to make sure everything was good.  (P.S. Carl Larsen is the greatest....he has done wonders in helping me get the house ready for moving!)



But it's all fixed now, and I go in on occasion just to flush.

At the end of it all, Felix, Jill and I went to Gloria's and yes, I pigged out.  I even got dessert and ATE IT ALL....so there.

Lessons Learned
1. Stop blaming Monday, it can happen any day of the week.
2. Expecting the unexpected doesn't quite seem to cut it in my world....I've got to come up with a new phrase that describes my special kind of wacky.
3. Life goes on, even with paint, funkification and bloody pools.
4. I was really glad when Saturday hit.
5. It's Monday today.....so what.....anything can happen, and it usually does.

1 comment:

Saunja said...

Oh, Wendy! I am so sorry! What a day. Keep on smiling! :)

And.. where are you moving to?