Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Am a WICKED SuperMom!!!

So, as previously mentioned, we have been making weekly trips to Lagoon.  I had to negotiate, bargain, beg and plead with the kidlets to  not make me go on Wicked.  I lost.  It was apparently make the mommy face her fears day because they were cruel....they were very, very cruel.

I wanted to go on Wicked right away so I couldn't chicken out....but as usual, it took us a while to get going.  We finally made it to the ride and guess what....Caleb was tall enough to go.  Oh hurl!

Have you ever seen a booster seat made for roller coasters?  Yeah, that is totally on every mothers list of 'WORST NIGHTMARES'.  Savannah, Sara, Kyle, Noah and Caleb accompanied me to my journey of death.  As we were standing in line I told the kids, "Okay, here's the deal....if I cry, throw up, wet my pants or die....NO ONE EVER FINDS OUT."  They agreed.

We got on....why was everyone else so excited?  This is the roller coaster of doom.....especially since I have developed a horrible fear of heights.  If you can't remember why I am afraid of heights, you can look here.  http://heffalumpsnwoozles.blogspot.com/2009/08/12-tank-of-gas-and-intestinal-fortitude.html

So we get in, we get buckled and we go into the tunnel.  Now, I don't know why I thought it started slow, it's a polarized roller coaster, so it has to go fast.  It took off and my gut reaction was to close my eyes.  They never opened.  In hindsight, part of the problem is that I couldn't watch Caleb and he was sitting right next to me.

When it was over, everyone else was giggling.  I was checking myself for vomit and pee.  Nope....all good, I made it.

So of course, because my eyes were closed they are making me go again next week (with my eyes open).  Once we got out of the ride, I realized I hurt from head to toe.  I had pushed myself back into my seat and was holding on to Caleb's harness so tightly (because I was going to save him if he fell out), that all of my muscles were taut and IT HURT.

So we cooled off with a little Colossus (double loops....why am I totally fine with that?  Because it doesn't pause at the top....), and headed back for a snack.

A while later we went across the part on the Sky Ride....yeah, even that is terrifying.  Especially when it stops for those who don't know how to get on/off and you are at the peak of the ride and the freakin' wind starts blowing....it was awful!  I did that 3 times.  I'm so done with the Sky Ride....imagining how many bones would break if the cable happened to snap at various points on the ride, just takes way too much out of me.

And finally....the Ferris Wheel.  Why is it I always get stuck at the top?  Why?  Why?  Why?

Lessons Learned
1. I'm done facing my fears.  I know what they look like now....I don't need to see them again.
2. I really would do anything for my kids.
3. I don't know how I am going to get through Wicked with my eyes open (Caleb went a second time with Savannah and Sara and that was even worse to watch from the ground).
4. As the mommy, I should be able to set limits, right?
5. It's all good...I didn't cry, wet my pants, vomit or pass out...no matter what you've heard!

1 comment:

colleen said...

That is tooooo funny! I went there once with my girls. The problem (or saving grace) was the age difference in my children. I couldn't go on the roller coasters! Although I did get on that sky tram thing...freaking suicide right there. WITH Bella and Josie. I was a MESS trying not to let Bella know how terrified I was. They definately shouldn't let people on that with small children. One little wiggle or bored movement and they could have fallen out so easily.

You ARE the best! Wicked Supermom award!!