Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

7 Wonders of MY World.....

As an insomniac, my mind can COMPLETELY spin out of control during a sleepless night.....especially when on Ambien and STILL not sleeping.

Last week, things were insane....hey, have you met me?  THINGS ARE ALWAYS INSANE!

Without detail....which I prefer not to give anyway, one of my two sleepless nights went a little something like this.  Just remember....I am doing my darndest to get across the things that were going on inside of my head.  So as you read this, you are going to have to look at this as a sort of 'dialogue'.  I'll use quotation marks....hopefully that will help.

"Sigh.  It's 12:30....I've already been trying for an hour and a half....and nothing.  I'm not even goobery from the Ambien.  Why does Ambien work sometimes and sometimes not?  Hmmmmm.....I wonder if I should Google that in the morning.  Oh, I love that story....the one with the little school girl and the 7 wonders of the world.  I wonder if it would be cheating if I totally stole them and put them on my blog.  Cuz she was pretty cool for a kid....she didn't look at THINGS and think they were wonders.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, her wonders were SOOOOOOOOOOO way better....Hope, love and all that crap.

I wonder what my wonders would be?  Is it cheating if I stole her list?  The Pyramids in Giza ARE pretty cool....no they aren't a wonder.  My kids could be my wonders......except those are like a total given, I don't want to waste one of my seven on my kids.  Ohhhhh, that might hurt their feelings.  Too bad.  How about peace?  Peace is a good wonder....only there isn't any....if there was I'd be asleep.  Sigh....only 1:15?  SOOOOO many hours left.

Hope, hope is a wonder.  I have hope.  Except when I don't.  I try to have hope.  I don't know if I have hope tonight.  What were the 7 things on that little girls list.  I guess I'll have to look it up so I don't wonder.....ha, ha....I just decided I didn't want to wonder about wonder.  That was a good one.  Yeah, hope should go on the list.

What about doctors?  Should doctors be a wonder?  I don't know.  They awesome and all that, but I think I want to go bigger.  God is a wonder.  Oh yeah.  Totally, but should He be on the list?  I mean, I'm looking at wonders as things He has given me, so if He's on the list, is that cheating?  Maybe we could go with prayer.  Prayer is a wonder.  Mmmmmmm, maybe I should pray for sleep.  Wait, I did....didn't I?  I don't know anymore.  What time is it?  Should I look, will I just get depressed?

I should be nicer.  I'm not very nice....especially when I am tired.  I'm so tired.  Tomorrow is going to be such a long day.  I wonder how my friends are.  I wonder if they are sleeping?  If they are, am I jealous?  Yeah, totally jealous....how do I manage to break a commandment when all I'm trying to do is sleep?  I have got to get that whole coveting thing under control.

Ohhhhhh, 4 am.....so tired.......why can't I BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP."

Lessons Learned
1. The beep, beep, beep was a combo of what I was saying in my head and the alarm....just so you know.
2.  Insomnia sucks.
3.  For the first time in YEARS....I'm talking like 10 years.....I slept this weekend.  That was nice.
4.  And yes.....I did tone it down for you....it really gets much, much, much worse.
5.  At least I'm never bored.

No comments: