Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gosh, It's Good to Be Me

Given the usual crazy events of the past few weeks, I thought I would jot down a few of the reasons why it's 'Good to be me'.

1. My children know I am shallow enough they can tell me I am pretty to get my laundry basket.

2. My children know I am not smart enough to have conversations about the workings of the galaxy, so they will pick me to make themselves feel better about what they do know (I am just giving like that).

3. I'm so good, I only have to sit down to ruin someones day.

4. I have perfected the art of 'loving everyone else' more than the child that is talking to me.

5. I never take time for myself. One less thing on the 'To-do' list.

6. I'm smart enough to hide in the bathroom.

7. But dumb enough to come back out.

8. I have lost enough brain cells that I am able to find profound lessons in cartoons.

9. I have enough brain cells left that I realize there really are profound lessons in cartoons.

10. When my head isn't busy spinning off, it is sitting quietly upon my shoulders looking baffled.

Lessons Learned
1. There is more to me than meets the eye.
2. Maybe too much.
3. A hectic life has to kill brain cells...that is the only explanation.
4. Or maybe, they are all hiding....hmmmmmmm.
5. Maybe there is more going on than I think.

1 comment:

Christy said...

you can always look in the bathroom for your brain cells. hmmm, I think I'll go check for mine before I forget. :)