Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

YAY ME

I have a cooktop, and it is pretty. I have a cooktop, and it is working. YAY ME.

I finally received the elusive cooktop that has been plaguing my life for the last month. When it arrived I just couldn't wait for Felix to get home to put it in. No really, I couldn't wait. So I made some shims to hold up the unit so I could put the cooktop on and I installed it myself.

And everyone that knows me shouldn't be surprised by this. I have horrible patience issues, and I really do have a tendency to OVER take the initiative of the situation. But I did it, and I cannot tell you how satisfying it was to flip the breaker and turn everything on...and of course, I did it over and over and over (I may have some mild OCD tendencies).

But as I have shared my trials, tribulations and sadness, I had to share my joy. And it is JOY...YAY ME, YAY ME, YAY ME.

Lessons Learned
1. Sometimes it is worth the extra money to buy directly from the manufacturer.
2. As much I hate it, I really missed cooking real dinners.
3. If I set my mind to it, I can really do just about anything...not that I will, but I could, if I wanted to.
4.YAY ME
5. It's just money....

3 comments:

Shawn and Kareyliz said...

Chicken Balls. 'Nuff said. Oh yeah and I love you...to PIECES!

Xtopher said...

Yay you!!! Way to go Wendy -- and thanks for posting on my blog as well!!! (PS: I gave your blog a little free advertising on Sunday -- I couldn't help myself, it just tied-in so perfectly! Keep it up, sista!!!) :)

jill peters hawley said...

wendy- i have tagged you and you must now check my blog...