Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One is the Loneliest Number

Not that I would know....I'm NEVER freakin' alone.  I'm thinking it may be high time to do some serious hiding in my closet or something.

In the past 4 1/2 weeks Baylee only managed to make it to school about 5 days.  Yeah....5.  Admittedly, I was completely freaked out about what my mornings were going to be like without Grandma....turns out I haven't had to worry about that.

On those 5 miraculous days when Baylee did make it to school, the other three gallantly tried to fill the space with falling down the stairs, infected fingers and torn tendons.  They are so sweet!  I don't know how I got to be so lucky!  We even had a leak in the kitchen ceiling that required a plumber...again...totally not alone!

Given all of this 'giving' from my sweet little babies, I could really use some alone.  You know the whole "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" thing.....I would like to check that out.

All right, I'll be honest.  I really am glad that everyone has been around.  But I think it may be time for me to start processing some of the stress in my life.  I can only avoid it for SO long....at some point, I'm going to have to face reality....although I have heard that 'Reality is a  nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there'....perhaps I should take on that philosophy instead.

Lessons Learned
1.  I get very project oriented when I don't want to think.
2.  How come cleaning my house is NEVER one of the projects I get oriented to?
3.  I believe my children have ABSOLUTELY worn out the word Mom.
4.  It is amazing how hard it is to play hide and seek with yourself.
5.  You know....the second I am by myself, I'm going to regret it.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I find that #5 to be true for me...every single time I'm alone! My brain starts to panic!! : )
Love ya...hang in there!

stevenbpt said...

Were you commenting on my life? It seemed like it for a second there. You are welcome to hide at our house any time you like.