Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ten Reasons Why a Hospital Stay IS a Vacation

It was a given that Hawaii was just not an option this summer. With all of the broken people (me included), we really were just facing survival. However, I decided to make the best of a frustrating situation and decided that my surgery and way to brief hospital stay WAS my vacation.

Here's why:

10. Anesthesia is probably the best sleep you can get.
9. You don't have to cook.
8. You push a button and people ask you what you want instead of telling you to give them the remote.
7. You get to lay in bed and no one around you complains about it.
6. People bring you food on a schedule.
5. When you have visitors and you get tired, you just tell them it's the drugs and close your eyes...they go away.
4. Someone else cleans the bathroom.
3. All the diet coke (caffeine free, of course) you can drink...with the good ice.
2. Wearing a hospital gown means less laundry.
1. You ask for drugs and people BRING them to you.

All in all...vacation is, well, vacation is what you make it.

Lessons Learned
1. While I can turn it into a vacation, I wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis.
2. I'm still not gonna vacuum.
3. The world doesn't stop turning if the mommy doesn't do EVERYTHING!!!
4. Sometimes 'vacations' help people realize they are more capable than they think they are.
5. Sometimes 'vacations' help people realize they don't have to be everything, to everyone, all of the time.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Your right! : )
Matt got his date for Sept. 22nd. That's pretty fast, but he's a little bummed since they told him it would be Labor Day week. He is out of work until after the surgery for now, so it's a little unnerving that he will miss so much work. But hey, what else can we do for now.

Christy said...

hey, sign me up! I didn't realize it was that good. Here I am looking forward to spending the afternoon with the dentist and all the laughing gas I can suck. I'll have to try harder next time. As always, I aim to be more like you. :)