Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

OH NO....HO'S ARE EVERYWHERE

Sometimes a conversation can go horribly wrong.  See if you can tell when it happened.

Savannah:  Mom I love this 'artist' (to remain nameless), isn't he awesome.
Mom: I don't think so.
Savannah: Why not?
Mom: Because he's a wifebeater and he does drugs and he's been in rehab several times and I don't look up to him.
Savannah: Oh.
Mom: Any questions.
Savannah: No.
Mom: Look I'm not going to be one of those moms that tries to be careful about what I try and teach you.  Smoking is wrong, drinking is wrong, sleeping around is wrong.
Noah: Hey that sounds like me...I already sleep around.
Mom: No Noah, not what I meant.  I don't mean sleep around the couch, I mean sleep ARRROOOUUUUNNNDD.
Noah: But I sleep ARRROOOOUUUUUNNDD.
Mom: No Noah, I mean having sex with a whole bunch of people and acting like a ho.
Noah: What's a Ho?
Savannah: That's mom's favorite word.
Noah: Is that why Santa says HO HO HO?
Mom: No Noah, it isn't.
Noah: Can I call people that bug me HO's?
Mom: NO
Caleb: Grandma's a HO.
Mom: Caleb we don't say that.
Caleb: Baylee's a HO.
Noah: HO HO HO
Caleb: Everbody's a HO.
Mom: Nobody is a HO.  I don't know when it happened.  But this conversation took a terrible turn for the worse.

Lessons Learned
1. Those conversations need to be planned a smidge in advance.
2. If you happened to get called a HO from one of my kids, I apologize.
3. FYI Grandma is NOT a HO.
4. Nobody is a HO....except maybe for people who act that way...and there weren't any in the car or any that we are related to.
5. Christmas will never be the same.

3 comments:

Steph said...

HO HO HO!!!! Oops, I mean HA HA HA!!! SOOOOOOOO funny!!!

kimara said...

Thanks for the great laugh!! You are wonderfully talented and kind to let us all laugh at you...I mean with you:-)

Lore said...

Oh my... that is AWSOME!!!