Pages

Monday, December 31, 2007

Cat Bathing 101

I know that this is no flaming toilet, but for posterity I had to take pictures and post. Meet Persephone (Goddess of the Underworld), Seph for short. She is the youngest of our three cats, we love her, she loves us, but some days, she falls a few cards short of a full deck, IF ya know what I mean.

Well a couple of weeks ago (you can tell I am trying to catch up from all of the Christmas chaos), the poor kitty had been out playing, when we opened the door, the pathetic little creature was sitting on the porch half, yes half, covered in mud. Here are the theories:

1. She was sitting in the mud (because we don't have a front yard yet), and fell asleep and fell over.

2. She was sitting in the mud (because she heard it was good for her skin), got bored and fell over.

3. She was sitting in the mud (because she had just inhaled a ton of catnip and was high) and just plain fell over.

4. There is no excuse, she fell over.

Anyhoo, it went a bit like this:

We take the dirty little kitty to the bathroom, because after watching her try so hard to get the mud off of herself, we decide she needs a bit of help. Savannah sat in the background telling me what a bad idea she thinks it is to give the cat a bath. My response, DUH, okay, DUH.

I don't know a single person who thinks it is a good idea to give a cat a bath, that is like a death wish, know what I mean.

We put the baby kitty in the water, she did GREAT, for about 10 seconds, then she realized she was wet and started yowling like you have never heard before. It was funny. Because if you look closely at my face (OKAY, not that close...back up people), you can see that I am just waiting for the full on assault and gratitude that Savannah is in the room so she can call 911 after I am slashed to near death.

In order to save my own life, we shorted the process, skip the shampoo call a rinse good and let go and run for our lives. Believe it or not we escape with no injuries.
Don't ask the cat, but she survived. A little worse for the wear, but a little less mud. and that was good for all.
She was torqued for a while, but at the end of the day, she forgave us.
So in case you ever need the help, here are my tips for some good ol' fashioned CAT WASHING!!
CAT WASHING 101
1. If you fill up the tub as much as you can, you don't have to work so hard at rinsing.
2. Unless you are really afraid, don't let your kids in to help, all they do is make fun of you.
3. Soap is optional unless they are STANKY...and I mean STANKY.
4. Believe it or not, cats are very forgiving, after you suck up with cat nip and kitty treats.
5. Finish your yard as quickly as possible, that way when the special needs kitty falls over, they fall on grass, not dirt.

1 comment:

Shawn and Kareyliz said...

You are kooky beyond all kookiness. And that my dear sister is why I love you to pieces!